Internship Internships With Lasting Impact–Genentech
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Genentech’s internship and co-op programs are among the industry’s best, offering undergraduate and graduate students the chance to receive rigorous and meaningful work experience in one of the leading companies in biotechnology.
As an intern or co-op, you will contribute daily to important projects and work side-by-side with biotech industry experts in a flexible and diverse work environment.
Our internships take place at our headquarters in South San Francisco and our facilities in the following locations:
- Vacaville, California
- Oceanside, California
- Hillsboro, Oregon
All internships are paid positions. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Opportunity to work on challenging, business-critical projects
- Presentation of end-of-summer project findings to senior management
- Career development panels
- Social events (Major League Baseball games and intern lunches)
- Intern video contest
- Our VP Lunch and Learn speaker series, which introduces interns to Genentech senior management
Eligible interns will have opportunities to be considered for full-time positions at Genentech.
- At a minimum, summer interns at Genentech have completed their sophomore year of college. Internships at Genentech are 9-12 weeks, typically during the summer months. Undergraduate or graduate level students are welcome to apply. Genentech recruits interns for groups across the company. Each internship posting will list the preferred degree, major and skills for the internship.
Another way for current students like you to gain valuable experience and supplement your education is through Genentech’s cooperative education (co-op) experience. Genentech’s co-op program is a 6-12 month program designed to offer hands-on industry training for students currently enrolled in a related academic field wherein they gain expert knowledge and valuable connections while Genentech grows a robust pipeline of future talent.
- Candidates must be a current student enrolled in a minimum of six units in a degree program related to the work of the co-op project. Co-op terms at Genentech are 6-12 months. Undergraduate or graduate level students are welcome to apply. Each co-op posting will list the preferred degree, major and skills for the position.
Genentech recruits on specific university campuses during the fall and spring sessions. To determine if we will be attending your school, contact your careers center for details specific to your campus. Internship opportunities are also posted at select universities, and annual application deadlines are included in posted opportunities. If Genentech is not interviewing at your university, please search internship and co-op openings on our site.
All applicants receive email notification when their information is received. Qualified candidates of interest will be notified directly by a hiring manager.
How to ApplyClick on the link to the company website for more information.