Internship NASA Internship Programs
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
There are three distinct sessions for internships at NASA Centers, plus a year-long internship:
- Spring: January through May
- Summer: May/June through August
- Fall: September through December
- Year-Long Opportunities that do not fall within the conventional summer, fall, or spring session time frames. Typically, these opportunities span multiple sessions
A student may complete an application or update an existing application to re-submit only during the time frame that applications are being accepted for a specific session. The application acceptance time frame for each session is as follows:
- Applications for spring internships are accepted: 06/01/2013 – 10/24/2013
- Applications for summer internships are accepted: 11/01/2013 – 03/01/2014
- Applications for fall internships are accepted: 03/02/2014 – 06/01/2014
- Applications for year-long internships are accepted at anytime
In the first phase of OSSI, internships available through OSSI occur at NASA Centers and associated facilities, primarily in office settings and research labs.
NASA’s internship programs are being phased into OSSI, with the national programs being included in November 2010 and as well as some programs that are unique to a specific NASA Center. Most programs specific to a NASA Center and Mission Directorate programs will be available through OSSI April 2011. Below is a list of internship programs that students will be considered for when they apply through OSSI beginning in November 2010. More detailed information regarding each internship program is available from the Higher Education NASA web site:
IMPORTANT: Students do not specify a specific internship program when they submit an application. The NASA Education community will determine which internship programs you are eligible for according to the information you provide in your application. Students identify specific opportunities of interest, but not specific internship programs.