Internship Science Intern, Laboratory Based Research
Summer Intern Opportunities
Dow AgroSciences is searching for the best and brightest students who are interested in R&D summer internship opportunities. These are full-time positions available from May until August at our headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. Applicable majors would include:
- Biology (biochemistry, biotechnology, cell biology, entomology, microbiology, molecular biology, plant pathology, or plant physiology)
- Chemistry (analytical, organic, or physical)
- Informatics (bioinformatics or chemical)
- Any agriculture-related majors
Our Research and Development Summer Intern program provides an opportunity for students to work closely with senior scientists in order to improve technical skills while being given a developmental opportunity in an industrial setting. It is desirable that the intern have past practical experience in handling chemicals, operating laboratory equipment, generating and manipulating data, as well as computer database and word-processing skills. Interns are encouraged to be creative and take initiative, where appropriate, and will be granted significant latitude for discretionary decisions and independence of action within guidelines established by their supervisor. Interns are expected to always operate in a safe and efficient manner.
Qualified interns should be pursuing a BS or MS degree in biology, chemistry, informatics, or closely related majors. Interns will be part of a team responsible for the development of novel agricultural products. Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, teamwork and time management skills are essential. All students pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree from a U.S. based college or university with proper U.S. work authorization or the ability to obtain work authorization through their university are eligible.
- Review and research project background and status with mentor
- Become proficient in laboratory and/or greenhouse experiments or biochemical assays to characterize experimental, developmental, and commercial herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and products of biotechnology
- Participate in all phases of research including planning, preparation, calibration, application, evaluation, data analysis, maintenance, and when necessary, appropriate disposal.
- Design and conduct experiments, with mentorship guidance, within a defined project
- Make novel observations
- Collect and interpret data
- Draw sound scientific conclusions based on data analysis. The results of these studies, and the conclusions generated, will impact research plans and advancement decisions on the experimental materials.
- Present project reviews before colleagues and peers
Applications will be accepted between August 1 and November 1, 2015 for the 2016 summer program.
Questions? Contact the intern team @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Well-positioned for future growth.
You’re working on your education. Now it’s time to work on your career. An internship with Dow AgroSciences lets you learn from a global leader through real-world, hands-on experience, focused on your interests, with targeted training from experts in the field.