Internship Student Program Internship – Research & Development
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
An intern (10-12 week assignment) or co-op (5 month assignment) position is a temporary, full-time assignment with 3M’s Corporate Student Programs. [A Work Study position is a temporary, part-time position during the school year.] Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Maplewood MN, you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study. This position will be working in 3M’s Traffic Safety Systems Product Development Labratory Liquid Pavement Marking materials team.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science and/or Materials Science from an accredited University.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor level or higher degree program with an accredited university, having completed at a minimum your Junior year by summer 2012.
- Previous expereince as a 3M intern or Technical Aide, internship with a manufacturing company, or undergraduate research project work.
- Undergraduate coursework in organic and/or polymer chemistry.
Application Deadline: on-going